Friday, February 20, 2009

Ruby is One Month Today!!!

My sweet little Ruby is one month old today!! :) I cannot believe how fast this month flew by, and now she's a month old and cousin Brock will be here on Monday. She is still very much the center of her sister and brother's life right now, they just love her to pieces. Coop can be crying (most likely because he's in trouble) and he will spot Ruby and just start smiling and talking to her in his "baby" voice. This week she has been a much better baby, she's finally sleeping in her bed and not having to be held during the long, long night. I am just so thrilled we have accomplished that goal, its hard for me to get a good night sleep when I'm holding a baby in my arms. This morning she was on her tummy and rolled to her back! I can't believe it, I thought Cooper rolled crazy early and he was two months old. Her doctor did tell me that she seemed very strong, so maybe she used her cute little muscles and hopped on over. :) She was weighing 8 pounds even on Tuesday, so she gained one pound in two weeks, she loves to eat so I am seeing a very chubby baby in my future. Her doc said to add a little bit of cereal to her bottles to help sustain her between feeds, because she is wanting to eat ALL the time. It has helped a little and it made me feel great because I give my babies cereal early anyway (they are better babies at night when their tummies are full), but its always nice to have a doctor's approval. My parents are coming down to spend some time with the grands before Brock's arrival on Monday. I know we will have a great weekend, and lots of people will be here to hold Ruby! :) Please keep Katie, Jason, and little Brock in your prayers and I will update everyone on Monday. YEA!


One month old and almost smiling at Mama

Sweet baby girl
Kisses from big brother, how sweet

Ruby's first bath, she hated it!
I thought they would get better once she could sit in the bath, but......
nope she still hates it....
really hates it!!!!

I couldn't leave off these two stinkers. Here they are posing with their Valentine presents. Cooper the incredible Spider-Man....

and Gabriella the High School Musical star!!! :)

8 comments:

Hilary said...

Great pics. She is SOOO sweet and has changed a lot already, since you last post! Glad she's doing better at night. Looking forward to seeing pics of Brock.

laura said...

Wow that just doesn't seem possible... I can't believe a month has gone by. She is so precious and I just love holding her. I'm glad she is sleeping better for you too:)

Pambo said...

Ruby is so beautiful - even when she's mad because she's getting clean. One month already...the time just flies by.
Love Cooper's Valentine's Day gift. And Lily makes a super High School Musical singer.
I saw your comment to Kristal about having a c-section. It was so sweet and comforting. You have such a big heart and are a great example for other women to follow. You are precious.

twingrlsplus1 said...

I am so glad things are getting better for you at night....it can be so tough w/a new little one!! She is 1 month, I cant believe how the time flies!! Cute pictures of all three of your beautiful kiddos.

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Thank you so much for sharing with me!!! Honestly, at this point, I can't hear enough from people who have actually been there and learn from their experiences. So your reassurance and advice is much appreciated and comforting!! Since yesterday, I'm certainly warming up to the idea of a c-section. There's no doubt that I'm nervous about it, but I know that once I have Collin in my arms I won't care how he got here.

Leslie said...

The month has flown by!

The Garvie Family said...

Wow, it's already been a month? She is so precious. I can see a little Cooper and a little Lily in her.

sandybiggs said...

Tell Gabriella & Spidey I want their autographs!

Ruby is so sweet...even in the pics of her crying!