Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Decorating the Tree!

Well, we put our tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving and the kids were super duper excited!!! Josh told me he would take care of everything because I am huge and pregnant. I tried to sit back and watch him sling the lights on the tree but I just couldn't sit still. My sweet husband gave it his all but I am way to particular when it comes to the lights on my tree. :) Listen, God made me this way so don't judge! This was the first year Cooper was really into hanging ornaments. He actually stayed with the action until every ornament was hung. Lily has ALWAYS enjoyed decorating the tree and is a great helper! I cherish this time with my kiddos and I hope we are making wonderful memories they can look back on as they get older.

They all had to pose with their favorite ornament before the party got started. Lily has her "Belle", Cooper has his "Tigger in a Box", and Josh of course has his "2000 OU National Championship Football"
Lily also really loves her ballerina Barbie
Lily does such a great job decorating our tree, she spreads the ornaments out and works very hard to make it "perfect".
Cooper is still wanting to pose with his Tigger in a Box
Most of Coop's ornaments ended up on the bottom branches, he was so proud of himself.

I just can't believe how big my babies are looking. Where has the time gone! I of course want them to grow strong and healthy, but sometimes I wish I could keep them from growing up on me. Sniff-sniff !

13 comments:

Leslie said...

How sweet those two look. You really should have just sat back and watched, I mean, if you don't do it now, when else can you?

Anonymous said...

Pretty tree. Looks like they are big helpers. It think it's cute that all of Coop's ornaments ended up at the bottom of the tree. :)

Mandi said...

Great job Lily and Coop!! At least they wanted to put the ornaments ON the tree!! My kiddos just want to take them out of the boxes??? That's a sharp lookin' tree though and your little helpers are looking sooooo big and super cute!!

Unknown said...

The tree looks great!! And I don't think I could have set back and let Spence do the lights either ;)

twingrlsplus1 said...

The tree looks great!! What helpers you have.....Josh does our lights on the tree and the house, I have no problem watching that part. The girls put our decor on the tree this last weekend too....fun memories.

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!!! glad Cooper didn't put any icicles in his nose like he did last year :)
brandi

Pambo said...

Wonder where Lily gets that perfection gene? Hmmm... Not saying that's a bad thing. I'm almost obsessive when it comes to where the ornaments are on my tree. I agree with you - you're kids look way too grown up, but I love the age they are right now. It's the best.

Anonymous said...

Great for Lily! I can't believe she's so anal about ornaments. Jaden still arranges all of them in one section...it's annoying but cute. Your kiddos are so cute. Can't wait to see #3!!!

The Garvie Family said...

Your tree looks great. You should have just let Josh go with it...it could have turned out very interesting.

Jillian said...

They did a great job on your tree! I love Christmas time, it's such a wonderful time of the year for making lasting memories with our kids. I have to agree with you on the lights...I'm very particular about mine too and I made Donovan stop and step away from the lights this year too! hehe

Kina said...

Wow, great job!! You make me laugh because Jeff and I are the opposite. He decorates the tree while I watch because he is pretty particular.

Stacy said...

Great job kids and I was just thinking myself how much they are growing up and Lily hair is so long and pretty!
Nice to have helpers mine didn't make it decorating the tree to the end.

sandybiggs said...

How fun!! :)
-Jordan Biggs